Antibacterial Coatings for Metal Surfaces From Coatings Tech and Microban®
Coatings Tech Limited is a leading producer of coatings for metallic surfaces including bronze, brass, stainless steel, DVP, copper and aluminium.
Combining its specialist coatings knowledge with industry experience, Coatings Tech simplifies the complexities of surface treatments and finishing processes for its customers, helping to optimise material protection, sustainability and performance for years of low maintenance and service.
The company's R&D is lead by Professor Wolfgang, who has been at the forefront of the development and creation of many new technology coatings for some of the world's largest coating producers.
COTECH Bio Safe™ With Built-In Antibacterial Product Protection
COTECH Bio Safe™ is an Anti-Fingerprint (AFP), easy to clean and hard wearing coating that keeps metallic surfaces looking pristine throughout their life and service.
When COTECH Bio Safe™ is applied to surfaces, not only will it cut the need for replacing possessions prematurely due to tarnish and wear, but it will also eliminate the need to polish notoriously hard-to-clean surfaces. This helps save precious time and money on both replacement of materials and the cost of cleaning chemicals.
To cater for more hygiene-critical applications, Coatings Tech also features built-in Microban® antibacterial technology.
Blended into the coating at the stage of manufacture, Microban® silver technology works to continuously inhibit the growth of bacteria on the surface of the coating. It does this by disrupting the vital life processes and biological functions of contaminating bacteria, meaning they cannot grow or reproduce on the surface and subsequently die. The result is a coating product that stays hygienically cleaner and fresher in-between cleaning. It is also inherently more durable.
The coating is already utilised in a variety of public spaces, including offices, trains and retail stores.
Key Benefits of COTECH Bio Safe™ Featuring Microban® Technology
- Scientifically proven to inhibit the growth of bacteria on the surface of the coating by up to 99.99%. Tested strains include S. aureus, E. coli and antibiotic-resistant MRSA
- Stays hygienically cleaner and fresher in-between cleans
- Easier to keep clean
- Helps to minimise the risk of bacterial cross-contamination from surface to surface
- Measures as H9 for hardness, making the coating more durable than Granite and resistant to scuffing
- Protects surfaces from UV-degradation and discolouration
- Contains a globally registered antibacterial technology that has a long history of safe use
- Perfect for use on surfaces in hygiene-critical environments
For more information on COTECH Bio Safe™, contact a member of the Microban team today.