Cleaner Light Switches With Built-In Antibacterial Technology From Schneider Electric and Microban
Light switches are known to be one of the dirtiest objects we touch during the day. Considering how frequently we come into contact with them, it's not surprising that they can be a primary vector for cross contamination.
In addition to regular hand washing and more thorough cleaning routines, light switches can also benefit from built-in antimicrobial product protection.
- Our hands are one of the primary methods for spreading harmful and degrading bacteria from surface to surface.
- Switches are often overlooked during routine cleans and can become a source of bacterial cross-contamination.
- The proliferation of bacteria on switches can lead to unpleasant odors, irreversible stains, and premature product degradation, making them more difficult to clean or costly to replace
- It is important to keep in mind that under adequate conditions, microorganisms can double in number on an untreated light switch every 20 minutes.
Flicking the Switch On Bacteria
Microban and Schneider Electric have come together to create the Decor Line of antibacterial electrical switches and controls. These innovative products combine beauty and durability with built-in Microban protection, helping to prevent the proliferation of bacteria on the surface of the switch.
Key Benefits of Schneider Electric Light Switches With Built-In Microban Technology
- Stay hygienically cleaner in-between cleaning
- Easier to keep clean
- Resistant to stains and odors caused by bacteria
- Perfect for use in hygiene critical environments such as schools, hospitals, laboratories, offices and clinics
- Contain always-active antibacterial properties that will not wash off, wear away or be affected by disinfectants
- Work to complement regular cleaning routines
For more information on Schneider Electric antimicrobial switches, contact a member of the Microban team today.