As an employee-owned company, Microban International is always on the look-out for bright, dynamic and driven individuals to join our growing family. If you think you have the right skill-set for any of the vacancies listed below, please apply today. Our HR team will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process.
Marketing Assistant - Asia
Location: New Territories, Hong Kong SAR
As part of a global marketing team, the Asia Marketing Assistant role is an entry level B2B position responsible for helping the International Marketing Manager develop and execute marketing programs that enhance Microban’s brand perception, build awareness of our brand and innovative products and services, and increase new business pipeline in the Asia Pacific region. This position will work across numerous digital platforms and systems including the website, social media and content management systems (CMS).
The Marketing Assistant will work on the development of engaging and relevant content that supports prospect identification and conversion, works to support customers and reinforces Microban’s position as a thought leader; helps develop strategies and execute tactics for demand generation, customer retention and expansion, and brand awareness. This position will monitor the competitive landscape and support marketing initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Help to build and execute Business Unit customer engagement and demand generation email campaigns.
- Localize corporate strategies and content to maximize effectiveness for the Business in the Asia Pacific territories.
- Plan, organize, manage and report on marketing communication campaigns for lead generation and customer retention; build and maintain lead nurture programs.
- Collaborate with marketing manager, inhouse designer, and outside agencies to optimize marketing materials globally across multimedia platforms.
- Create or assist in the creation of content to be used in various outlets including press releases, web sites, advertisements, and collateral.
- Work with the International Marketing Manager to create a portfolio of partner testimonials and case studies for use in marketing literature.
- Identify logical segments of the market, based on data, to develop and deploy awareness and lead generation campaigns.
- Work to create a bank of Asia Pacific market research data that can be used to support both new business development and existing customer activities.
- Optimize SEO and SEM strategy for our web presences, driving additional lead generation activities through online channels.
- Conduct basic keyword research to ensure the Microban Asia sites are appearing in the top 3 SERP results on relevant search engines
- Update existing content on the Microban Asia websites, working to implement SEO practices to increase content visibility.
- Manage and execute tactics for tradeshows.
Qualifications, Skill-Set & Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Marketing or Business from a four-year college or university and a minimum of one year marketing-related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Sales, digital marketing, trade marketing experience highly desirable.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese is required. Successful candidate must have excellent writing and editing skills in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese with ability to translate English content into proper Mandarin and Cantonese.
Must have ability to describe complex product features in a creative but technically accurate manner; hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. Craft, WordPress), basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and keyword research tools (e.g. SEMrush, Neil Patel); and experience using social media to drive brand engagement, customer relationships and lead generation. Knowledge of WeChat, Weibo, Lime, and Facebook is essential.
Must have sound time-management and organizational skills; ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment; and ability to work on a diverse, global team and work cross-functionally.
Experience working for a B2B focused organization is desirable; experience marketing to South East Asian countries is desirable.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications; know how to operate conference call / webinar systems; have knowledge of Adobe applications, and the ability to conduct thorough Internet searches.
The successful applicant must be able to travel up to 25% of the time as needed.
Hiring Manager: Kim Brewer, HR Business Partner