Terms and Conditions
Information We Collect
The personal information includes the following:
- Contact Information - If you submit an inquiry, register for an account, provide information on the Site (including, without limitation, any microban.com web pages or landing pages), or enter promotions or contests we may collect your contact information. This may include your name, email address, demographic information, and phone number.
- Partner Information - If you register for promotions or newsletters, we may collect a variety of information, including name, Company name, address, phone number, and e-mail address, and financial qualification and billing information, such as billing name and address, and the identity of users within the organization that will be using the Service. When you initially express interest obtaining additional information about our products and/or services, we may also ask for additional types of personal information, such as title, department name, fax number, or additional company information, such as annual revenues or marketing spend. We may also request demographic information and unique identifiers in order to provide you with a more personalized experience or verify your passwords.
- Financial Information - If you make any purchases from Microban, we will collect your financial information, including your name and payment information.
- Employment Information - If you apply for employment, we will collect your employment and work history, as well as other personal information related to your potential employment. This may include your education and employment history, address and contact information, demographic information, and any other information included in your resume or application.
- Device Information - We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Microban may associate your device identifier with your Microban account.
- Log Information - When you use our services, we automatically collect and store information in service logs. This includes:
- Details of how you used our service;
- Internet protocol address;
- Cookies that uniquely identify your browser;
- Page requested; and
- Communications and interactions with other Site registrants.
- Location Information - When you use our services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
How We Collect Information
- Information You Give Us - We collect personal information you provide directly to us, for example via the Sites.
- Information We Get from Third Parties - For example, we may work with business partners, subcontractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers, who may provide us with personal information about you.
- Our cookie preference page provides you with options regarding the types of cookies that may be enabled on the Site. In addition, most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Site may not be available, or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
- Through Analytics - We use analytics services, including Google Analytics, to assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of your personal information, please see https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en-US. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How We Use Information We Collect
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use personal information to:
- Inform you about products and services available from Microban;
- Improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services;
- Fulfill customer and partner requests, such as to create an account or complete purchases;
- Administer content, promotion, survey or other Site features;
- Support and personalize the Site and our advertising efforts;
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, special programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions, and to deliver pertinent emails;
- The extent required for benchmarking, data analysis, audits, Site enhancement, facilitating product, software and applications development, conducting research, analysis, or studies, identifying usage trends, as well as for other analytics purposes;
- Provide statistical information to our partners about how our partners, collectively, use our Site;
- Provide and improve our customer service;
- Respond to and support customers regarding their use of the Site;
- Respond to inquiries related to employment opportunities;
- Meet our contractual requirements;
- Protect the security and integrity of the Site and its users;
- Protect against criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in our marketing emails. You also may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us as specified in the "Contact Us" section below, and we will honor your request.
Subject to applicable law, you may obtain a copy of personal information we maintain about you by contacting us as indicated below. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. In addition, if you believe that personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated below.
Personal Information You Share
When you use some Microban services, applications or post on a Microban forum or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Personal Information We Share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Microban unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With Your Consent - We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Microban when we have your consent to do so.
- For Legal Obligations or Safety Reasons - We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Microban if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Microban, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- If We Are Bought or Sold - If we, or our assets, are acquired by another company, or in the event of a merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties, personal information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about our products and services.
How Microban Protects Personal Information
We work hard to protect Microban and our users from unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold. However, despite these efforts to secure personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information during its transmission or its storage on our systems.
Retention and Deletion
Personal information that we process for any purpose is not kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose, and in any event we will not retain personal information any longer than permissible by applicable laws or regulations.
Third Party Links
The Sites may contain links to webpages operated by parties other than Microban. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to the User to take precautions to ensure that whatever links the User selects or software the User downloads (whether from this Site or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which the User will be subject to upon linking to the third party's website. Microban strongly recommends that each User review the third party’s terms and policies.
The Sites and services are not intended for use by children. We do not intentionally gather personally identifiable information about visitors who are under the age of 13 (or, for data subjects located within a Member State of the European Union and/or the United Kingdom, visitors under the age of 16) (a “Child”). If a Child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that Child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a Child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the contact information in the “Contact Us” section of this document. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the personal information of a Child, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
This Section applies to our collection and use of “Personal Information” if you are a resident of California and such Personal Information is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations (the “CCPA”). This Section describes (1) the categories of Personal Information, collected, and disclosed by us, subject to CCPA, (2) your privacy rights under CCPA, and (3) how to exercise your rights.
When we use the term “Personal Information” in the context of the CCPA, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer or household.
If you would like to receive a copy of this Section in an alternate format (e.g., printable) or language, please contact us at email@example.com.
Categories of Personal Information Collected, Used, and Shared
In accordance with California law, we may have collected and share the following categories of Personal Information within the past 12 months:
- Identifiers - A real name, Internet Protocol address, email address, and online identifiers.
- Personal Information Categories Listed in the California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) - e.g., a name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Internet or Other Similar Network Activity - Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement (“Usage Information”).
- Geolocation Data - Physical location or movements.
- Protected Classification Characteristics Under California or Federal Law - Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Professional or Employment-related Information - Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
We share each of these categories of Personal Information with our service providers to the extent necessary for them to facilitate our business purposes. We also share this Personal Information for the purposes set forth in “How We Share Information” section above. Additionally, within the past 12 months, some of our online advertisers may have used and disclosed Usage Information collected automatically from our Sites. This may be a sale as broadly defined under the CCPA and we therefore provide you with the right to opt-out of this ‘sale’ of Personal Information as described above and via our cookie preference page (accessible via the footer of our Site).
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you may have the following rights:
The right to be notified of what categories of Personal Information will be collected at or before the point of collection and the purposes for which they will be used and shared.
The right to request the categories of Personal Information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such Personal Information is collected and shared. You may also have the right to request the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your Personal Information.
The right to receive the Personal Information you have previously provided to us.
The right to have your Personal Information deleted. However, please be aware that we may not fulfill your request for deletion if we (or our service provider(s)) are required or permitted to retain your Personal Information for one or more of the following categories of purposes: (1) to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or complete a contract between us and you; (2) to ensure our website integrity, security, and functionality; (3) to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law (including free speech rights); or (4) to otherwise use your Personal Information internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided it.
The right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information. As noted above, in the past 12 months, we enabled advertisers to collect certain information from the Site, which advertisers may use to improve their interest-based advertising networks. Regardless of whether this is a ‘sale’ you may opt-out of interest-based advertising as described above and via our cookie preference page (accessible via the footer of our Site).
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please send (or have your authorized agent send) an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: You will not be discriminated against in any way by virtue of your exercise of the rights listed below, which means we will not deny goods or services to you, provide a different prices or rates for goods or services to you, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you.
We must verify your identity before fulfilling your requests. If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of a California consumer, we will also need to verify your identity, which may require proof of your written authorization or evidence of a power of attorney.
We may deny certain requests, or only fulfill some in part, as permitted or required by law. For example, if you request to delete Personal Information, we may retain Personal Information that we need to retain for legal purposes (e.g., tax accounting). You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by any business when you exercise your California privacy rights.
The CCPA gives California Consumers the right to lodge a complaint with the California Attorney General’s office. The Attorney General’s office may be contacted at https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company or by telephone at: (916) 210-6276.
Information for Individuals in the EU and UK
In accordance with European and UK law (collectively, the “GDPR”), individuals in the EU and UK may have additional rights relating to the collection and processing of personal information.
Basis for Processing
- Where we need it to perform a contract with you;
- Where the processing is in our legitimate interests (including the purposes described, above, in How We Use Personal Information);
- Where the processing is necessary for us to meet our applicable legal obligations; or
- If we otherwise have your consent.
Your Privacy Rights
Depending on applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information;
- Request correction of your personal information;
- Request erasure of your personal information. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request;
- Object to processing of your personal information;
- Request restriction of processing of your personal information;
- Request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party; and/or
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or would like further information, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us using the address in the “Contacting us” section below. Depending on the nature of your request, we may need to verify your identity.
All personal information processed by us may be transferred to countries outside of the UK and/or European Economic Area. To the extent required by the GDPR, we take steps to provide adequate safeguards for such personal information, such as entering into standard contractual clauses with our service providers. Please note however that the data protection laws of certain countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. You may request additional information on our transfer mechanisms using the contact information provided below.
Depending on where you are located, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning your personal information. We encourage you to first reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the address in the “Contacting us” section below, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
Compliance and Cooperation with Regulatory Authorities
Microban International, Ltd.
Attn: Marketing Department
11400 Vanstory Drive
Huntersville, NC 28078
If you are in the United Kingdom or European Union, you may contact us at:
Microban (Europe) Ltd.
Attn: Marketing Department
Pera Business Park, Nottingham Road