Innovative Antimicrobial Floor Tiles by Florida Tile and Microban®
Florida Tile, Inc., owned by Italy-based Panariagroup, is a world-class manufacturer and distributor of porcelain and ceramic tile, as well as natural stone, decorative glass and metal tiles. For over 50 years, Florida Tile has consistently taken the lead as an innovator by implementing new technology, delivering high quality products and protecting our indoor and outdoor environments.
Florida Tile products are well known for their beauty, durability, performance and value. The company’s reputation is built on providing reasonably-priced, design-rich options to the tile market. Their wide array of tile products includes High Definition Porcelain tile, Pietraart stone and Thinner, a slim, lightweight porcelain. Whatever your personality, whatever your taste, Florida Tile accent tiles are the perfect choice.
The addition of Microban® built-in technology provides Florida Tile products with a continuous level of protection from the growth of common microbes. The patented Microban® technology consists of treating the ceramic material with a highly effective antimicrobial additive. This process generates an amazing tool in the hands of architects and designers looking to develop exceptional environments with high performance when it comes to cleanliness and ease of maintenance.
Since Microban® technology is built-in to the manufacturing process, the antimicrobial protection works 24/7 to keep tiles cleaner and won't wash off or wear away. It works by disrupting the vital life process and biological functions of contaminating bacteria, meaning they are unable to grow or reproduce on the treated tile.
Featured Florida Tile porcelain and ceramic tile treated with Microban® provide key benefits in all areas that require cleanliness and ease of maintenance. When partnered with the many aesthetic qualities, colors, and finishes that Florida Tiles offer, they provide an incredible amount of options to architects and designers when considering the development of a range of environments:
- Restaurants, cafeterias, kitchen worktops - improving the cleanliness of food contact environments;
- Healthcare environments, medical practices - where tiles are subject to frequent harsh cleaning regimens;
- Retirement homes - odor-free tiles are perfect protection for residents with sensitive noses;
- Wellness centers, spas, gyms - where superior performance and aesthetics are highly valued;
- Shopping malls, airports, schools, colleges, nursery schools, pharmacy, and all such public and private space buildings - benefit from enhanced protection measures;
- Bathrooms and kitchens - environments where the proliferation of microbes is prevalent due to the presence of water and nutrients.