From the Laundry Room to the Kitchen: Introducing the GE Profile™ UltraFresh System™ Dishwasher
Following an incredible response to the UltraFresh Front Loader, in September 2021 GE Appliances released the first and only dishwasher with built-in Microban® antimicrobial technology to provide a smarter, cleaner dishwashing experience 24/7, for the life of the dishwasher. Microban technology is built into common touchpoints of the machine including handles, control panel, silverware baskets, and filters to remain 99% cleaner than untreated surfaces.
Adopting the Drain, Dry, Defend, approach, the UltraFresh System™ Dishwasher works in between cycles to protect against mold, mildew, and odors caused by water and food residues. Microban® technology combined with the automatic circulation of fresh air and renewal of water create an inhospitable environment for unwanted microbes, so the dishwasher is left fresher cycle after cycle.
The First and Only UltraFresh Vent System With OdorBlock™ Helps Keep Front Load Washers Fresh and Clean
Microban is partnered with GE Appliances on a laundry system with a complete systemic approach to effectively address the moisture in the front load washers.
The UltraFresh™ Front Load washers, engineered to stay fresh and clean, use first-of-its-kind technology to help prevent the growth of odor-causing bacteria without the need for owners to wipe down their machine or leave the door open after each load.
Drain. Dry. Defend. A Built-In Solution
- Drain the residual water: Moisture is the enemy when it comes to keeping a washer fresh and clean. GEA Appliances developed a wider gasket that is angled to allow water to fully drain after the wash cycle.
- Dry while keeping the door closed: The new UltraFresh Vent System with OdorBlock™ creates a revolutionary new airflow at the touch of a button. After the wash cycle, the unit pulls in and circulates fresh air, removing moisture from the door, gasket and basket.
- Defend with exclusive Microban® technology: The global leader in antimicrobial additives and odor control solutions developed a unique antimicrobial technology exclusively for the GEA UltraFresh™ Front Load washers and UltraFresh System™ Dishwashers . Microban technology is built into common touchpoints, gaskets, and pumps during manufacturing to help prevent the growth of odor-causing bacteria in parts of the washer where moisture could linger.
New GE Profile Launches in 2022
GE Profile™ is expanding in the laundry category to offer new front and top loader series machines, rooted in innovation and built on the belief that modern life needs modern solutions. Revolutionizing the products of the future, GE Profile Top Load 600, 700 and Front Load 950 series are outfitted with premium features, including:
- Smarter Wash Technology that automatically senses the amount of dirt and grime in the water and adjusts the cycle to clean the exact amount, avoiding over- and under-washing, wasting time, water and energy.
- SmartDispense™ Technology automatically adjusts the amount of detergent dispensed depending on the size of the load and detergent used.
- Tangle Control intelligent technology adapts the wash action to minimize tangled loads.
- Microban® Antimicrobial Technology is built into components including the gasket, dispenser and draining system delivering Protection That Lives On™ load after load to help prevent the growth of odor-causing bacteria.
GE Profile is also set to launch the Top Load 900 Series in June. This new model is entering the market as the first-ever washer with built-in Alexa voice assistant, and features all of the above as well as Fabric Refresh for the dryer, which allows users to refresh their garments without needing to wash first.