Antibacterial Ceramic Tiles From EL-KHAYYAT GROUP and Microban®
EL-KHAYYAT GROUP is a collection of companies specialising in high-quality building materials. The group has significantly contributed to the economic boom of the Middle East throughout all phases of infrastructure development.
Boasting one of the largest and most technologically advanced production sites in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, EL-KHAYYAT GROUP implements highly sustainable production methods that deliver the high-performance building products. Its portfolio currently includes:
- Red bricks: noted as the most eco-advanced and eco-friendly red brick manufacturer in the region
- Cement: offering high quality cementitious solutions for more than a decade
- Strapping bands: delivering better pull resistance, superior elasticity and operational ease
- Gypsum board: the world's biggest producer of gypsum since 2010
Innovation for Cleaner, Fresher Ceramic Surfaces
EL-KHAYYAT recently expanded its production capabilities to the manufacture of red body floor and wall tiles. The establishment of EK Ceramics forms part of a wider project for product diversification and underpins the group's current range of building materials.
In a bid to redefine the Middle-Eastern ceramics industry, EK Ceramics has partnered with Microban International to create a range of antibacterial ceramic tiles.
Added to the ceramic glaze at the stage of manufacture, Microban® SilverShield® technology becomes an intrinsic feature of the tile surface. It works by disrupting the vital life process and biological functions of contaminating bacteria, meaning they are unable to grow or reproduce on the treated tile.
Key Benefits of EL-KHAYYAT Ceramic Tiles Featuring Microban® Antibacterial Technology
- Protected from the growth of harmful and degrading bacteria, as proven through the ASTM E3031-2015 test method
- Antibacterial shield remains active 24/7 and for the expected lifetime of the tile, without the need for sunlight or UV activation
- Stay hygienically cleaner in-between domestic and commercial cleaning routines
- Easier to keep clean
- Inherently more durable and longer lasting
- Antibacterial performance is unaffected by harsh cleaning chemicals
- Manufactured with an exclusive antibacterial technology that has a long history of safe use
For more information on the antibacterial ceramic tiles offered by EL-KHAYYAT EK Ceramics, contact a member of the Microban® team today.