Did you know that Microban antimicrobial product protection is built-in to over 1000 products during the manufacturing process to help inhibit the growth of stain and odor causing bacteria? We do this by utilizing over 25 different technologies. Today we’re going to highlight one of them, the Microban Z Series.
Our engineers love incorporating Microban Z Series, also known as Zinc pyrithione, into plastics, foams, and textiles of all fiber types to provide durable, effective product protection. As with all of our technologies, the Microban Z Series inhibits the growth of microbes by interfering with the microbes’ ability to consume nutrients so they do not reproduce. Unlike surface disinfectants,which temporarily eliminate bacteria from surfaces, Microban protection is built-in so it will never wash off or wear away, protecting a product for its useful lifetime. Below is a list of features and benefits for Microban’s Z Series.
Features & Benefits
- Microban Z Series provides broad spectrum antimicrobial efficacy against bacteria, fungus and yeast
- Microban Z Series low solubility provides durable, long lasting performance
- No volatilization or fumes are generated during normal processing/manufacturing conditions
- Free of arsenic, tin, lead, chromium +6, cadmium and mercury which can remain persistent in the environment.
- Microban Z Series can be added to plastics, foams, and textiles of all fiber types
Microban Z Series technology is based on an active ingredient with a long history of safe use in diverse markets. It has been used in dandruff shampoo, footwear, fitness mats and a variety of medical applications.[MR4] This innovative technology has undergone extensive independent laboratory testing, has a long history of safe use, and is registered with the EPA for all applications in which it is used.
One of our current partners, Venture, has been using Z Series technology in their Microban protected camping and recreational products since 2009.
Contact us today to learn more!