Antibacterial Decorative Paints From TOA Paint and Microban
TOA Paint is a leading brand in paint technology. Established in Thailand in 1964, the company utilises its state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities to develop a plethora of high-quality, low VOC paints and coatings for domestic and commercial applications.
TOA's product portfolio currently includes:
TOA strives to become the No. 1 paint brand in the AEC market by delivering thoughtful products and services that facilitate sustainable competitiveness and a strong consumer focus.
Proven Surface Protection
Bacteria are everywhere, covering the products and surfaces we encounter on a daily basis. On an untreated surface, bacteria can double in number every 20 minutes! Residual disinfectants are an immediate but short term solution to eliminating bacterial growth on surfaces. However, their effects are short-lived and bacteria very quickly begin to multiply once the surface becomes recontaminated.
With awareness around bacteria and surface hygiene increasing, TOA Paint partners with Microban to integrate antibacterial technology into its SuperShield DuraClean and SuperShield DuraClean A+ decorative paints.
Added at the stage of manufacture, Microban® antibacterial technology protects the paint against degrading bacterial growth for its expected lifetime.
Benefits of TOA Paints Enhanced With Built-In Microban® Technology
- Work to protect surfaces from the growth of degrading bacteria
- Help surfaces stay cleaner and fresher in-between cleaning
- Less likely to develop bad odours or go lumpy due to bacterial growth
- Perfect for use in moist, humid and hygiene-critical environments
- Contain a registered antibacterial technology that has a long history of safe use
- Antibacterial properties are built into the molecular structure of the paint and remain active for its expected lifetime
In addition to built-in Microban® antibacterial technology, SuperShield DuraClean paints also benefit from superior wash-ability and scrub resistance (up to 200,000 times), nearly zero VOCs, an air detoxify technology that absorbs harmful formaldehyde 24/7, and approvals from the National Asthma Council Australia. DuraClean A+ is also the first paint product in Asia to receive an A+ emissions certification.