Keep Products Cleaner and Stain-Free with Advanced Antimicrobial Additives
On any given surface, bacteria can double in number every 20 minutes, causing the development of stains that impact durability and product lifespan. In many circumstances, once bacteria have begun to proliferate on a surface and stains become noticeable, it is very difficult to permanently remove the staining. The best approach to keeping surfaces cleaner is stain prevention.
Microban® technologies help prevent stains by inhibiting the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew in treated products. Our customized stain prevention chemistries are incorporated into products at the point of manufacture to provide ongoing protection against stains for the life of the product. The result is products that remain cleaner for longer, are easier to clean, and are ultimately more durable.
Common Applications for Stain Prevention Technologies
Microban® technologies are implemented by manufacturers around the globe, in a variety of different industries and have been proven to eliminate up to 99.9% of stain-causing bacteria, mold and mildew. Consumer, commercial, healthcare and building products benefit from the added layer of protection provided by our portfolio of stain prevention solutions. Examples include cutting boards, paint, commercial floor coatings, food service equipment, home textiles, and cleaning supplies.
Innovative Stain Prevention Technologies
Microban's portfolio of stain prevention solutions includes more than 25 active technologies. The world-class research and development team utilizes a technology agnostic approach by customizing solutions for each application, with a focus on meeting durability requirements, environmental standards and business objectives. For stain prevention, our most common additives are Silver or Zinc-based with proprietary formulations to provide turnkey integration with minimal interruption in the manufacturing process.
Experience the Microban® advantage for stain prevention:
- Microban® is a permanent, cost-effective solution that provides proactive stain prevention, enhances durability and improves product lifespan.
- Microban® technologies can be utilized in hygiene critical, high-traffic environments such as hospitals, food processing facilities and schools for an added level of cleanliness protection that prevents problems before they start.
- Microban® preserves the usefulness of your products by minimising the presence of stains that can be caused by the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew
- Microban® stain prevention technologies are registered with the EU Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and meet environmental and durability standards.
- Microban® stain prevention technologies have a long history of safe, effective use in variety of applications.