Create Stain and Odour Resistant Textile Products with Microban®
It's not uncommon for textile products to develop stains and bad odours. These products are usually made up of synthetics, polyester, nylons, and elastane blend fabrics, which are naturally susceptible to odour and stains caused by bacteria. Unfortunately, washing alone does very little to remove odour build up and is not always effective at eliminating bacteria. As a consequence, consumers are now increasingly seeking textile products with built-in antimicrobial protection.
Common Applications for Antimicrobial Textiles
When it comes to the fabrics and textiles that make up your products, protecting the surfaces of these fibres with an antimicrobial treatment is vital for ensuring durability, aesthetics and lifetime value. Microban® antimicrobial textiles are commonly utilised for apparel, sporting equipment, pet products, water filters and more.
Proven Antimicrobial Protection & Unbeatable Turnkey Support
With over two decades of experience in the textile arena, Microban® has created unique antimicrobial technologies to effectively combat staining and odours that can build up irrevocably in textile products. In addition to creating fresher smelling textile products, Microban® has been proven to increase the number of uses before a product needs to be laundered, leading to environmental benefits such as less water and electricity usage, and less discharge of detergent and microfibers deemed harmful to marine life.
Durability of effectiveness is the key distinguishing hallmark of Microban’s additive portfolio for textiles. Our technologies can be applied in a mill to common fabric types such as polyester, rayon and cotton via standard methods like exhaustion and padding. Recognising the unique extended supply and manufacturing chain for textiles, Microban® can provide comprehensive support at all levels with import/export, customs, regulations, quality control, warehousing, and mill technical expertise.
The world class research & development team at Microban® includes microbiologists and analytical chemists who work directly with textile product manufacturers to identify the best possible solutions. More than 40,000 tests are conducted annually at our state-of-the-art laboratory facility and our team stands behind the efficacy of each textile application.
Experience the Microban® Advantage for Your Textile Products
- Microban® is a lasting, cost-effective solution that remains active for your textiles product's expected lifetime.
- Microban® antimicrobial textile products are effective against stain and odour-causing bacteria, preserving their aesthetic qualities.
- Microban® antimicrobial textile products are inherently cleaner and more durable.
- Microban® antimicrobial textile additives are proven to increase the number of times a product can be used before it needs to be laundered.
- Microban® antimicrobial textile products are resistant to the growth of illness-causing bacteria, making them suitable for use in hygiene-critical garments such as hospital scrubs.
- Microban® antimicrobial textile products contain approved technologies that are notified with the EU Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Microban® antimicrobial textile products contain food contact approved technologies that are listed on EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) and are also registered with the EPA.
- Microban® antimicrobial textile additives are Bluesign® approved.