Create Safe, Durable and Effective Antimicrobial Laminates with Microban®
On a laminate surface, microbes can double in number every 20 minutes. This can result in the development of stains, unpleasant odours and illness-causing bacteria that affect the durability, lifespan and hygiene of a laminate product. In many circumstances, once microbes have begun to proliferate on a laminate surface, constant cleaning is required to keep growth under control. Recognising that the ability to clean constantly is unreasonable in most environments, the best weapon against the growth of bacteria, mould and mildew is prevention.
Microban® antimicrobial laminate additives help keep laminate surfaces cleaner by inhibiting the growth of bacteria, mould and mildew. Our customised chemistries are incorporated into laminate products at the point of manufacture to provide ongoing protection against a broad spectrum of microbes for their expected lifetime. The incorporation of effective antimicrobial additives leaves you with a laminate product that provides enhanced performance for your customer, in the form of proactive protection and improved product durability.
Common Applications for Antimicrobial High Pressure Laminates
A growing awareness of antibiotic resistance combined with the regular inclusion of laminates in hygiene critical spaces has resulted in an increased demand for antimicrobial laminates. Microban® technologies can be easily and cost effectively implemented by laminate manufacturers for a variety of different applications, including flooring, countertops, wall partitions and more.
Compliant Antimicrobial Protection for High Pressure Laminates
As a thermosetting material, HPL has a natural resistance to microbial proliferation. However, these hygienic properties have a limited lifespan and will eventually wear off. In addition to decreased efficacy over time, global biocidal regulations do not permit the marketing of any laminates as being antimicrobial without the prior inclusion of an approved technology.
Laminates in general are extremely easy to treat - an antimicrobial additive can be seamlessly introduced during the final resin bath of the impregnation process. The result is a laminate surface that has a lasting resistance to harmful microbes, ultimately reducing the risk of cross-contamination and complementing existing hygiene practices.
Microban's portfolio of antimicrobial additives includes technologies for high pressure laminate products that won't affect durability, integrity or aesthetics. The world class research & development team at Microban® includes microbiologists and analytical chemists who work directly with laminate manufacturers to identify the best possible solutions. More than 40,000 tests are conducted annually our state-of-the-art laboratory facility and our team stands behind the efficacy of each application.
Experience the Microban® Advantage for Your Laminate Products
- Microban® is a permanent, cost-effective solution that remains active for your laminate product's expected lifetime.
- Microban® antimicrobial laminate products are inherently cleaner and more durable.
- Microban® antimicrobial laminate products are resistant to the growth of illness-causing bacteria.
- Microban® protected laminates help to minimise the risk of cross-contamination, making them perfect for use in hygiene critical environments such as hospitals, food processing facilities and schools.
- Microban® antimicrobial laminate products are effective against stain and odour-causing bacteria, preserving their aesthetic qualities.
- Microban® antimicrobial laminate products contain non-leaching technologies that are notified with the EU Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Microban® antimicrobial laminate products contain food contact approved technologies that are listed on EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) and are also registered with the EPA.