Location: Huntersville, North Carolina, USA
Reporting to: Director, Innovations
The Development Chemist will be responsible for supporting the innovations group in the development, scale-up, and commercialization of new antimicrobials. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Batching of lab-scale antimicrobial formulations
- Setting up and monitoring stability studies for lab-scale and production trial samples
- Maintain detailed and accurate records for all experiments to ensure procedures and results are understood by colleagues.
- Prepare technical reports including trending analyses to support product recommendations.
- Analyze prototypes and competitors via physical-chemical properties (e.g., pH, viscosity, XRF, EDF)
- Maintain basic laboratory instruments.
- Manage chemical inventory and labelling according to internal safety procedures.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to assess product performance (e.g., Microbiology)
Qualifications and Experience Required
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Chemistry from a four-year college or university and one to three years related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Must have the ability to learn new techniques quickly; have the initiative to take on more than what is assigned; be able to create accurate and robust experimental data; communicate effectively with colleagues; and accurately analyze data through trending and recorded observation; must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.