Fight microbes in warm, moist environments with innovative antifungal treatments
Warm, moist environments create the perfect breeding ground for mold and mildew. These organisms feed off of a variety of different nutrient sources and multiply, creating unsightly stains that cause surfaces to appear unclean and contribute to product degradation. Once fungal growth begins, it can be very difficult to stop, often shortening product lifespan and leading to premature disposal.
The best defense against the growth of fungus is prevention. The incorporation of built-in antifungal protection inhibits the growth of fungus and mold, enhancing product quality and putting a stop to degradation. Broad spectrum antifungal treatments from Microban®, the global leader in built-in antimicrobial technologies, offer up to 99.9% effectiveness against fungal growth.
Common Applications for Antifungal Technologies
Microban® technologies are implemented by manufacturers around the globe, in a variety of different industries to fight fungal growth. Consumer, commercial, healthcare and building products and equipment benefit from the added layer of protection offered by broad spectrum tecnhnologies that will not wash off or wear away. Examples include lunch bags, food service shelving, caulks & sealants, fitness equipment and insulation.
Microban® Broad Spectrum Technologies & Antifungal Testing
The world class research & development team at Microban includes microbiologists and analytical chemists who are responsible for customizing antifungal solutions for partners. More than 40,000 tests are conducted annually in the state-of-the-art laboratory facility, which includes a unique fungal testing center.
Once a new application for the technology is identified, our team of engineers works directly with the manufacturer to determine least intrusive method of incorporation. The primary broad spectrum antimicrobial technologies in our portfolio that provide unmatched fungal efficacy are zinc-based and can be supplied in a liquid or pellet format.
Experience the Microban® advantage for antifungal protection:
- Microban® is a permanent, cost-effective solution that provides proactive protection against the growth of fungus and mold.
- Microban® creates inherently cleaner and more durable products, making them perfect for use in hygiene critical, high-traffic environments such as hospitals, food processing facilities and schools.
- Microban® preserves the aesthetics of your products by minimising the presence of stains and odors that can be caused by fungal growth.
- Microban® antifungal technologies are registered with the EU Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Microban® technologies have a long history of safe, effective use in variety of applications to prevent fungal growth.