Create Safe, Durable and Effective Antimicrobial Plastic Products with Microban®
Microban International is widely recognised as the world leader in built-in antimicrobial technology. Our portfolio of antimicrobial additives help keep plastic products and surfaces cleaner by inhibiting the growth of bacteria, mould and mildew. Microban's customised chemistries are incorporated into plastic products at the point of manufacture and will provide ongoing protection for the expected lifetime of the product.
Common Applications for Antimicrobial Plastic Additives
Microban® technologies are implemented by plastic product manufacturers around the globe, in a variety of different industries. Consumer, commercial, healthcare and building products all benefit from the added layer of protection provided by our portfolio of solutions. Examples include food storage containers, high chairs, water filters, catheters and more.
Microban® antimicrobial plastic additives can be integrated into a wide range of thermoplastic and thermoset polymers. Compatible plastic materials include acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), polypropylene (PP), polystyrene (PS), polyethylene (PE/LDPE), polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and polycarbonate (PC).
Finding the Right Additive for Your Plastic Product
Microban® has over 25 approved antimicrobial technologies that can be formulated into polymer pellets, powders or liquids. For injection moulded or extruded thermoplastic polymers, an extensive set of specialised pellet-based masterbatches are available to ensure seamless incorporation. Microban® also offers a variety of specialised powder and liquid-based masterbatches for other processes such as powder coating, reaction injection moulding, cross-linked liquid applied coatings, roto-moulding, and foaming.
The world class research & development team at Microban® includes experienced polymer engineers who work directly with partners to identify the best possible solutions for their plastic products. More than 40,000 tests are conducted annually at our state-of-the-art laboratory facility and our team stands behind the efficacy of each application.
Experience the Microban® Advantage for Your Plastic Products
- Microban® is a permanent, cost-effective solution that remains active for your plastic product's expected lifetime.
- Microban® creates inherently cleaner and more durable plastic products, making them perfect for use in hygiene critical, high-traffic environments such as hospitals, food processing facilities and schools.
- Microban® preserves the aesthetics of your plastic product by minimising the presence of stain and odour-causing bacteria.
- Microban® antimicrobial plastic protection contains non-leaching technologies that are notified with the EU Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Microban® antimicrobial plastic protection contains food contact approved technologies that are listed on EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) and are also registered with the EPA.