Microban is proud to be the global leader in antimicrobial, odor control, and advanced surface disinfection solutions. We are now even more pleased to announce a range of antimicrobial technologies which can be incorporated into products to provide antiviral product protection. Pending regulatory approval, these technologies can be utilized in the treatment of many different substrates and products – both hard and soft.
- Laboratory studies have shown that Microban antimicrobial technologies kill bacteria, fungi and inactivate/reduce tested viruses by 99% in two hours*
- Strong antimicrobial efficacy has been demonstrated through international test methods for treated articles:
- ISO 18184 Textiles: Determination of antiviral activity of textile products
- ISO 20743 or 21702: Measurement of antiviral activity on plastics and other non-porous surfaces
- Tests against numerous viruses have been completed, including SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
*Antimicrobial and antiviral efficacy may vary depending on substrate type, application dosage of the treatment, impurities, and application procedure. Not an offer for sale. For treated articles, antiviral technology is to be incorporated only into products that are or will be registered with the US EPA.
Microban antimicrobial technologies can be used in/on the following:
Polymeric articles and coated metals:
Suitable for use in many applications across various sectors, such as consumer, healthcare, industrial, and building products.
Suitable for use in apparel, footwear, medical nonwovens and scrubs, work uniforms, home textiles including bedding, mattresses, and towels, and accessories such as non-surgical masks and gloves to make them extra resistant against degradation by microorganisms.
Microban treatments are effective for at least 30 washes at 140°F.
At Microban, we understand the process and framework for making antiviral claims on treated articles. Beyond proven efficacy, there are strict regulatory requirements in the US for making antiviral health claims. In general, this requires registration of the product itself as a pesticidal product. This is a multi-year investment that is resource-intensive. Our regulatory team can help you with this should you choose to partner with Microban in the treatment of your products.
Only Microban antimicrobial technologies that are/will be EU BPR compliant and are registered with US EPA are being offered for sale. For treated articles, antiviral technologies may only be incorporated into products that also bear EPA registrations.